Ice makers have become widely used and popular today. Now that summer is just around the corner, you simply want to make refreshing juices and other kinds of beverages. With the use of an ice maker, you never have to think of running out of ice supply again. Since you will always use your ice maker, it helps that you know the right way of using, cleaning and maintaining your ice machine. This is to ensure that it will last for a long period of time.
Why You Need an Ice Maker?
A lot of people would ask as to whether having just a freezer is enough for them. Having your own refrigerator with a reliable freezer is definitely a valuable Appliance. The only downside is that it takes 80 or even a hundred minutes in order to produce ice.
Now if there is a special event or an occasion where you are really in need of ice supply, without a portable ice maker you will have to go to the store to buy a bag of ice if your refrigerator can not producing enough ice for your needs.
It’s basically one of the reasons why having a portable ice maker at home it’s definitely a must. With your own portable ice maker from you can instantly create ice in just a matter of 10 to 20 minutes. This is simply perfect even if you just need ice for home use or if there is a special occasion or party.
Clean Your Ice Maker
One of the most important things that you need to do is to make sure that your ice maker is clean. Take the time to clean it on a regular basis. Prior to cleaning, read some cleaning tips from the product manual.
It is essential that you know how your machine works along with the different components inside your portable ice maker. The service manual provides you with the set of information that you need.
Here are some of the easy ways to clean your portable ice maker:
- Unplug the machine from the outlet. To avoid electrical shocks, make sure that the machine is empty and that it is completely unplugged from the outlet. Ensuring that the unit is empty and unplugged can address safety issues,
- The next step is to remove the ice tray. Gently pull out the tray from the ice maker. Once you have taken out the tray, just place it on a safe spot.
- Using a soft cloth, start wiping the interior of your ice maker. Clean the walls and all of the inner areas. There are cases where you might find your ice machine too dirty. For quick solution, you can simply use vinegar. Just apply a small amount of vinegar on the cloth and it can effectively remove the impurities. It can also remove the calcium buildup in your ice machine.
- After cleaning the interior of the ice maker, you can now start cleaning the tray. Using a soft cloth, wipe the tray and scrub it. After cleaning the ice tray, you can now put it back inside and plug the unit in the electric outlet.
- Once you are done with the process, it is strongly recommended that you run a cleaning cycle. When running a cycle, you can use vinegar or any other cleaning solution. After this, run just a normal cleaning cycle.
- When you are done cleaning the interior part, you should now work on cleaning the exterior. Wipe away the dirt.
How Often You Should Clean Your Ice Maker
This can vary between different ice maker brands and models, as well as how you’re using the machine. There will likely be some clear signs and physical indicators that your ice maker is overdue for a cleaning.
Carry out to cleaning ice maker routine once every month or so, and you’ll enjoy fresh, clear ice in all your drinks for years to come.
When using your portable ice maker, it is normal that you encounter different problems. Now, what do you if for instance your ice maker suddenly stops working? There are easy troubleshooting tips and guide to help you diagnose the problem and make a quick fix.
When you ice maker suddenly stops, there could be a few reasons that led to the problem. If there’s a substance blocking the water supply, the very first thing to do is to check the bail wire. This component is located at the top of the ice tray.
Choosing the Best Ice Maker
With all the benefits that you can have in getting your own ice maker, owning one is definitely a good choice. Since there are several choices, you should take the time to weigh your choices. In selecting the best ice maker, it all boils down to your needs and specific preferences. For instance, you need to consider your budget. How much are you willing to spend for an ice maker?
There are specific ice maker brands that offer much lower prices. The next thing that you need to consider is your requirements. What specifications do you need? Do you need a huge volume of ice? How much ice supply you want to store?
These are just some of the questions that you have to ask so you can decide which one to get. With all the choices, it helps that you read reviews regarding the different brands. Get to know more about the brand, its product description, technical specifications, etc.